Students come to the Literacy Council for a number of reasons.
No matter where you are coming from, or where you are headed, we are happy to have you join us!
Registration held Tues, Weds, and Thurs, 1:00 - 6:30 p.m.
Registration will take approximately 1 1/2 hours to complete.
Registration for summer classes will open for ESL, Basic Computer Skills, Basic Literacy, and US Citizenship Preparation classes only. Students seeking to begin High School Equivalency Preparation (GED) classes will be able to register in July. GED classes will begin in August.
Registration for Summer classes will begin on Tuesday, May 2.
Summer classes will be held June 5 - July 28.
Read below for important information regarding the Summer class fee.
Main Registration Location: 12530 Emily Court, Sugar Land TX 77478
All students must register at the main location, even if they will be taking classes at an Outreach location.
Registration Requirements for All Students:
1. (REQUIRED) Photo ID: US issued ID or passport
2. (REQUIRED) Proof of address: driver's license with current address, lease or mortgage document, or bill for water, gas, or electricity.
Your name does not need to be on the bill.
3. (OPTIONAL) Income document from all members of the household who are receiving income:
2 most recent paycheck stubs or
Proof of income from Social Security, Retirement, Disability, or Unemployment or
Employment letter on company letterhead or
Notarized letter if paid by an individual
Tax records and bank statements are not accepted as proof of income.
- An annual registration fee will be charged based on the size of the household and total income. This fee is non refundable and covers all registration and testing materials.
- By showing proof of household income, the student becomes eligible for a sliding fee scale, ranging from $30 - $200 per school year. Without proof of household income, the registration fee will be $200 for the school year.
- Sometimes, in order to qualify for the reduced cost, non-earning members of the household will be asked to sign a Zero Income Affidavit, certifying that they do not earn income.
- Students who attend summer classes (June 5 - July 28) will pay a flat fee of $30 for the 8 week classes. To be eligible for this reduced fee, students are still required to show proof of household income. Students who attend summer classes are required to re-register for the new school year if they wish to continue classes. At that time, the registration fee will be assessed on a sliding fee scale.
- All students must re-register each school year (usually in August).
- Registration fees may be paid with cash, check, or debit/credit card.