Students come to the Literacy Council for a number of reasons.
No matter where you are coming from, or where you are headed, we are happy to have you join us!
Registration for Fall 2018 begins August 9. Registration for current students is July 1 - 31 by appointment.
We will do our best to get students into classes immediately. However, in some circumstances, students will be placed on a Wait List until classes are available at the student's preferred schedule.
Registration held every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
between 1 - 6:30 p.m. The process will take approximately two hours.
Main Registration Location: 12530 Emily Court, Sugar Land, 77478
All students can register at the main location, even if they will be taking classes at an Outreach location.
This summer, there will be registration dates held at select Outreach locations. Read below to learn more.
Registration Requirements for All Students:
1. (REQUIRED) Photo ID: US issued ID or passport
2. (REQUIRED) Proof of address: driver's license with current address, lease or mortgage document, or bill for water, gas, or electricity. Your name does not need to be on the bill.
3. (OPTIONAL) Income document from all members of the household who are receiving income:
2 most recent paycheck stubs or
Proof of income from Social Security, Retirement, Disability, or Unemployment or
Employment letter on company letterhead or
Notarized letter if paid by an individual
Tax records and bank statements are not accepted as proof of income.
Important Notes/Registration Fees
- An annual registration fee will be charged based on the size of the household and total income. This fee is non-refundable and covers all registration and testing materials. The registration fee for September-May is $200 without proof of income. The registration fee ranges from $30-$200, per school year (September-May) with proof of income.The registration fee for Summer (June-July) is $50 without proof of income and is $30 with proof of income. Sometimes, in order to qualify for a reduced cost, non-earning members of the household will be asked to sign a Zero Income Affidavit, certifying that they do not earn income. Without proof of household income, the registration fee will be $200 for the school year September-May and $50 for the Summer session (June-July). Registration fees may be paid with cash, check, or debit/credit card.
- The registration process is the same, regardless of where a student takes classes. Please register at our main location (12530 Emily Court, Sugar Land, TX, 77478) in order to receive a class schedule at an Outreach location.