Literacy Giving Society is an easy way to provide ongoing, reliable support to the Literacy Council of Fort Bend County.
The Literacy Giving Society provides crucial, unrestricted dollars to support the Council's six core programs:
English as a Second Language (ESL), General Education Diploma (GED), U.S. Citizenship Preparation,
Basic Literacy one-on-one tutoring, Career Certification, and Basic Computer Skills
2018 Inaugural year of the Literacy Giving Society is dedicated in honor of First Lady Barbara Bush and her work to eradicate illiteracy.
Cathy and Alan Stubbs, Giving Society Co-Chairs
2018-2019 Giving Society Members
$5,000 THREE STRANDS
$1,500 HIDDEN GEMS
$1,000 PEARLS OF WISDOM
Jeff Tallas, Tallas Insurance
Susan Denman-Briones and Ray Briones
Rebecca and Jeff Deurlein
Nicola and Adrian Johnson
Leticia and Ed Lowe
$500 annually for 3 years
Your support provides unlimited access to the agency's online curriculum to one ESL student.
- Invitation to annual Giving Society event.
- Recognition on the agency's website and in social media.
- Recognition in campaign ad to run in local newspaper.
PEARLS OF WISDOM
$1,000 annually for 3 years
Your support provides over 180 hours of instruction for one student.
- All of the Pearls Benefits.
- Lunch with the Executive Director and Board Chair.
$1,500 annually for 3 years
Your support provides resources and classroom consumables for ESL,
Basic Literacy, and GED tutors for a full year.
- All Pearls of Wisdom benefits.
- The opportunity to select a word to be used during the
annual Great Grown-Up Spelling Bee.
THE WORLD is an OYSTER
$2,500 annually for 3 years
Your support provides a full-year of curriculum for an ESL Class.
- All Hidden Gems benefits.
- Prominent seating for two at the annual Reading between the Wines event.
$5,000 annually for 3 years
Your support provides a full-year of curriculum for the GED Program
serving 200 students per year.
- All The World is an Oyster benefits.
- Prominent placement in the printed recognition ad commemorating the Giving Society.